DIY Lego costumes inspired by the movie Lego characters and toys are fun and colorful and great handmade attires for cosplay. If you want to be one of the Lego world citizens, below are some easy DIY Lego costume ideas, whether for a Lego block or a complete Lego man or woman look. You can try Lego costumes for the whole family, Lego costumes for couples, funny kids’ costumes, and many more DIY nogalistic getups with great variations.
DIY Lego Costume Ideas
Unlike other handmade fictional character costumes, DIY Lego costumes need less effort (no complex details to add!) and are quick. We can use the basic shapes and household items for the wearable, lego costume head, and other details. It will be as easy as you join the Lego blocks to make something. There are mainly two ways DIY Lego costumes are made, and here are some general tips that will be helpful for you on how to DIY Lego costumes:
DIY Lego Character Costume: These are the DIY movie getups that were shown in the Lego movie. There are all types of characters there, like the real world. Here are a few tips to make:
Make a Headgear: You can use an inverted bowl for the upper head joined to the rolled yellow, red, or any other craft paper. But the better option is to try one that is sturdier and doesn’t tilt. So a painted cement form tube and the face mold shapes will keep the head in place and the place sturdier, too. After that, use some art and draw a basic black circle for the eyes and any basic mouth expression.
Make a Body like Armor: For a DIY cardboard leg costume, you will need a large box with some necessary cuttings and the joining; you should achieve a trapezoid shape (high width from the top and less for the waist!). Make it fit for the body and have large neck holes to pass the face through during wearing.
What to wear under as a base outfit? You can wear a simple sweatshirt and sweatpants under the body armor.
Wear Gloves: Gloves make the Lego costume more detailed, so wear them!
Lego Block DIY Costume: In this, you act as a Lego block or brick, and much easier. Here are a few tips:
Make a wearable block: You will need a large rectangular cardboard box that will need to be colored. For the raised portions, you can use the small disposable cups arranged parallel from top to bottom. You will also need to color.
After receiving these tips, you can better understand any DIY Lego costume idea.
DIY Lego Costumes for Family
This ingenious design transforms your entire family into life-sized Lego bricks. This DIY costume idea is perfect for Halloween parties, guest appearances, or costume rallies. It’s a fun and interactive way to engage with your family and fellow event participants.
- Materials and Making: Crafting your own LEGO costume is a snap! Gather plastic cups, spray paint, cardboard boxes, and colored t-shirts. Cut the box to the costume’s size and trim the cups to a uniform height, then use a low-heat hot glue gun to affix the cups to the box. Spray paint breathes life into your LEGO figure. Reinvent old bag straps as hooks to wear the costume. Quick, simple, and fun to make!
Easy Lego Costume For Kids
The Homemade Lego Costume uses vibrant paint and creativity to bring your child favorite toy to life. Ideal for a fun Halloween or a themed party, this costume won’t take much time or crafting expertise to assemble.
- Materials and Making: Enjoy the ease of making this kid’s LEGO costume for Halloween. It’s a straightforward DIY project requiring ample drying time for the paint. Use a regular box, cut it to fit, and attach plastic cups as studs. Apply two paint coats, allowing 24 hours of drying time between each. For a fun addition, consider creating a matching LEGO head treat bucket. This costume idea can give your child a delightful Halloween look without breaking the bank.
A Lego Man Costume
Bring your child’s favorite toy to life with this easy and creative DIY Lego costume idea. Not just for the kids, this amusing costume will have adults reminiscing fun-filled childhood memories, too. Ideal for Halloween or events, this costume is likely to spread smiles and spark joy among everyone it comes across.
- Materials and Making: Creating a LEGO minifigure costume is a super fun and budget-friendly activity! Begin by finding a bowl, spray painting it yellow, and wrapping it in a cut yellow poster board shaped for the face. Use yellow dish gloves paired with a red long-sleeve shirt for the arms. For the body, prepare a neat cardboard box, reshape it as needed, and cover it extensively with red duct tape. Your homemade LEGO costume is all set for Halloween!
Homemade Lego Block Costume
Explore this DIY costume tutorial that effortlessly transforms a basic cardboard box and a handful of plastic bowls into a captivating LEGO brick costume. More than just a costume, this project encapsulates creativity and fun, sparking the inner child in everyone.
- Materials and Making: build a LEGO costume providing full-on festive fun! It requires a cardboard box, plastic food containers, and spray paints. Just apply heavy-duty glue to the box’s flaps, cut out the necessary holes, glue the bowls, and prime the surface with white paint, followed by your colorful choice.
DIY Lego Brick Halloween Costume
It’s specifically designed for convenience and comfort, featuring an easy fit for your child with armholes, a neck hole, and an open end at the bottom for effortless movement. This project proves that even the uncrafty can master costume creation and get showered in compliments during trick-or-treats.
- Materials and Making: Secure a sturdy cardboard box, duct tape, spray paint, and use small round paper mache boxes for the brick studs. After fitting the box to size, start gluing on the mache boxes as studs. Give your creation life with a coat of vivid spray paint. Complement the costume with a matching-colored hoodie for effect.
DIY Lego Costumes For Couple
- Hula LEGO Costume: Craft the body and feet from cardboard, secure with tape, cover them in poster board, and paint. The head is made from styrofoam, with a mouth screen attached and covered in neatly painted poster board. Hands consist of foam pieces, while the hula skirt and maracas are made from green poster board and leftover foam.
- Mean Face LEGO Costume: The body and feet follow the same pattern as the Hula costume. The head has a stern face drawn and painted on. The hands are made from layered foam pieces similar to the Hula costume.
Couple Lego Character Costume
This incredibly creative DIY Lego costume is an absolute party stunner! The costume covers your face, effectively hiding your identity. It’s the perfect way to surprise anyone you love!
- Materials and Making: Start by buying supplies, including construction tubes, foam, and spray paint. Cut the tubes to size, cut the foam into discs, and stack them with spray glue, then smooth them with sanding. Tape the foam onto the tubes. Spray paint the heads and use leftover foam to keep the headpiece steady. Pair with a long-sleeved shirt and gloves for a fantastic LEGO look!
DIY Lego Costume Great Last Minute
Look at this easy DIY LEGO costume tutorial, a perfect fit for last-minute crafters seeking a creative and fun Halloween costume idea. It offers the possibility to customize colors and sizes to match the attire of every family member, including mum, dad, two siblings, and a toddler!
- Materials and Making: First, customize the box into a LEGO shape, then attach plastic cups to it using the hot glue. Paint it thoroughly, fix the ribbon to hang, and pair it with a matching colored shirt. Voila, you have a fun, easy-to-make LEGO costume!
Lego Family Costume
Experience the joy of costume creation with this DIY LEGO Family Costumes project. What makes this idea remarkable is its encompassing family spirit, an entire LEGO-themed ensemble perfect for capturing memorable group photographs.
- Materials and Making: Experience the joy of DIY costume-making by crafting LEGO family outfits. Utilizing styrofoam, these costumes require some sculpting and artistic skills. Carefully carve the LEGO head shapes, then seal and paint them. The heads appear to be made from large water jugs in the photo. Pair the impressive LEGO headpieces with matching clothing and accessories to bring the iconic characters to life for your next Halloween gathering.
Easy Homemade Lego Costume
This homemade Lego costume is a delightful DIY idea combining simplicity and creativity. Lightweight and highly customized, this costume will impress without constraining the wearer, making it ideal for Halloween or any Lego-themed party.
- Materials and Making: Start with a large box, cut off the back, and carve space at the top and bottom. After cutting holes for the arms, evenly paint the box red. Take 8 plastic disposable cups, cut them in half, and paint them too. Stick these cups on the box to mimic LEGO bumps, then spray an extra layer of red paint. The outfit is complete once dry!
DIY Lego Costume
Bring out your inner Lego enthusiast with this quick, easy, yet exciting DIY Lego costume. Appropriate for all ages, from children to adults, it’s the perfect solution for Halloween or a Lego-themed event. Moreover, it’s also a great way to wear your love for Lego on your sleeve literally!
- Materials and Making: Embrace the DIY spirit with this creative homemade LEGO costume. Select a sturdy cardboard box, creating openings for your legs, arms, and head. After customizing the box, spray paint it in a vibrant color. Once dry, add circular cardboard cutouts to mimic LEGO studs. Attach ribbons as shoulder straps; your unique LEGO costume is ready!
Lego Man Costume
Step into the Lego universe with this intricate DIY Lego Man Costume. This costume faithfully recreates a life-size Lego mini figurine look, immersing the wearer into a whimsical, blocky world.
- Materials and Making: Begin with a 12″ cement form tube for the head. Crafting its distinctive curves with Styrofoam and covering it with tape is crucial for roundness and durability. The eyes and smile are carved from actual measurements from a LEGO figure. For the body, shape large boxes into a trapezoid to mimic a LEGO body’s angular form. Lastly, paint in true LEGO colors to bring your creation to life.
DIY Lego Movie Costume
This creative ensemble is perfect for children during festive occasions like Halloween or a Lego-themed celebration. The fun twist ensures your child stands out uniquely. Besides the thrill and fun, it incorporates painting activities that are ideal for honing your child’s artistic skills.
- Materials and Making: Unleash your imagination with a custom DIY Lego Movie costume. Begin with a big box, cut out holes for the head and arms, and sketch the desired design onto the front. Spray paint accordingly, using masking tape to create divisions. Add details with duct tape and paint pens, and attach an Emmet name tag. Finally, add a smaller red box to the back as the Piece of Resistance. Complement with a blue shirt and orange pants for an awesome look!
DIY Lego Costume
The DIY Lego Costume featured on Peekaboo Pattern Shop offers a quick, easy, and fun approach to creating a Lego-themed outfit for Halloween or other celebrations. Combining creativity and practicality, this Lego costume is a delightful addition to festive occasions, delighting both kids and parents alike.
- Materials and Making: Discover the magic of crafting a perfect DIY Lego costume for your child. All you need is a yard of felt, eight 4″ foam discs, interfacing, and heat transfer vinyl or a puffy paint pen. Cut out appropriate body panels, apply interfacing, and sew the costume together. Then, create and attach Lego studs using foam discs and felt circles. Customize with logos, and your delightful Lego costume is ready for a memorable Halloween!
DIY Lego Man Costume
This ingenious costume offers the perfect combination of comfort and originality for any Halloween or themed party scenario. The costume is adeptly designed to allow movements similar to an actual Lego figure, making it a dream come true for Lego lovers.
- Materials and Making: Create an unforgettable DIY Lego costume with materials like felt, foam discs, interfacing, and paint pens. Carefully cut out panels for the costume body, prepare them with interfacing, and sew them together. Decorate the foam discs to resemble Lego studs, then use hot glue to attach them to the front panel.
More Collections For Crochet Patterns
- 10 DIY Spongebob Costume Ideas: Hey there, if you love doing things yourself and are a fan of SpongeBob, are you tired of the same old party outfits? Are you dreaming of wearing something special this time? Well, you’re lucky because today’s post is all about helping you be creative. Follow these DIY Sponge Bob costume ideas for funny costumes for making fun and unique additions to your cosplay events and parties.
- 10 DIY Vampire Costume Ideas: We’ve got a cool collection of DIY Vampire Costume Ideas For Villain Getups that will surely be a hit at Halloween. They’re mysterious, stylish, and a little spooky, and they make great costume choices.
- 15 DIY Olaf Costume Ideas: Want to stay warm and look cute by turning into a funny snowman from the frozen world? We’ve got DIY Olaf costume ideas for a little snowman, whether you want a realistic full-body snowman outfit or a simple one using everyday clothes. You’ll find different options to make people smile. Let’s bring some Elsa magic and see a snowman walking around!
- 12 DIY Mario Costume Ideas: Our awesome DIY Mario costume ideas for the game lovers let you appreciate the creativity and nostalgia inspired by this beloved character. They’re perfect for beginners and a fun way to add a unique touch to your Halloween and other costumes using simple materials.