‘A turtle that is a ninja’, now you can completely true this creative metaphor with one of these DIY turtle ninja costume ideas for kids and adults alike. But unlike Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, which turned out accidentally, we know you will need little planning, designing, and assembling for these humanoid animal-themed outfits. So, These turtle ninja DIY costumes and tutorials will show you practical examples and tips to reduce stress! Whether you want a complete ninja turtle team getup or a solo DIY ensemble to gift, you will find everything.
All these will combine the same turtle outfit and the ninja costume accessories for double fun. However, depending on the material use, realism, gender, budget, and final look, you will find many variations in these handmade ninja turtle costumes.
How To DIY Ninja Turtle Costume Cheaply?
Here are some tips that will be helpful for you to cheapy make ninja costume:
The Shell: Use a large Disposable Oval Roaster Pan, or craft one from cardboard and paint it green. Also, add detailing of turtle shell marks with a darker shade of green.
The Chest: Draw the outline of a muscular turtle chest on the front of a green long-sleeve shirt and paint a yellow.
The Mask: Make a colored mask to match your favorite turtle. That can be red for Raphael, blue for Leonardo, orange for Michelangelo, or purple for Donatello. It will only need a little fabric with holes for the eyes and tieable ends.
Arms and Legs: For the arms and legs, you have to roll and tie the fabric pieces in the mask shades near the shoulder, middle arm, and wrist. Also, tie in the green sweatpants.
Accessories: Depending on your chosen turtle, accessorize with a toy sword, nunchakus, bo staff, or sai.
The Belt: Use a brown or black belt and attach an “M”, “L”, “D,” or “R” on it for the chosen turtle’s initial.
Now let’ start the guide:
DIY Ninja Turtle Costumes
These DIY Ninja Turtle costumes are all about making memories and embracing the spirit of Halloween. The distinguishing feature of these costumes is the personalization of each turtle with their initials on the belt buckles, making these costumes a distinctive choice for children.
- Materials and Making: Looking to create an adorable DIY Ninja Turtle costume? Begin by ordering grass–green clothing from Primary Clothing. Acquire brown and tan felt for the belts and colored felt for each ninja, such as red, orange, purple, blue, teal, and yellow. Craft belts, armbands, knee bands, and eye masks with felt, using hot glue to attach the elements. Finally, transform foil pans into turtle shells with matching spray paint and finish with shell detailing. You’ve got an adorable DIY Ninja Turtle costume.
DIY No Sew Ninja Turtle Costume For Girls
Dress-up time got more exciting with this no-sew Ninja Turtle costume for girls! Whether your child is a fan of the classic cartoon or the latest movie, this costume is sure to be a hit. Plus, it’s easy to make and won’t break the bank.
- Materials and Making: Drape a green shirt in tan and yellow heat transfer vinyl to fashion the turtle body, along with a sparkly fabric tutu for a feminine touch. A mask, crafted from green foam and colored fabric, accompanies the costume. A personalized foam badge and fabric strips complete it, embodying a unique TMNT character with flair and sophistication.
Epic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
Be ready to champion pizza-loving fun in this Epic Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume. Designed in a detailed manner that closely aligns with the characters of the popular franchise, it is sure to impress fans everywhere.
- Materials and Making: The ensemble requires EVA foam for body parts, poster board templates, spandex wrapping, and vinyl. Tools include sunglasses for the eyes and a vinyl belt with a foam core. The costume is connected via nylon straps, buckles, and Velcro. For Mikey’s Nunchaku, use PVC pipes, eyebolts, and spray–painted washers. Finish with spray paint your own epic Michelangelo costume.
Easy DIY Ninja Turtle Costume For Kids
Make this DIY Costume for your ninja turtle lover child using simple materials that can be found at home. The DIY costume idea also includes pictures and videos to make it more engaging and easy to follow.
- Materials and Making: Start with a plain, bright green t-shirt. Cut the cardboard into oval shapes and cover with brown and green felt to resemble turtle shells. For the mask and belt, use felt in the signature color of your chosen character. Using glue, attach cutouts of light brown felt onto the t-shirt for additional detail. End with an elastic to secure the mask, and your child’s Ninja Turtle costume is ready!
Easy To Make Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
Using this DIY guide, design your own Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles costume with simple materials and a little creativity. Not only does this costume provide a cost-effective way to achieve a fetching Turtle look, but it’s also a fun craft project to undertake with the kids!
- Materials and Making: Create a no-sew Ninja Turtle costume with simple items such as turkey pans, paint, and ribbon. Begin with painting the turkey pans green for the shell, then add brown paint for the definition. Adhesive Velcro is used for easy attachment. For added touches, select a ribbon in the color of your favorite turtle for the right look. With these easy steps, you’ll get a fabulously simple and awesome Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle costume!
Leonardo Ninja Turtle Costume
With Halloween near, why not dress up as everyone’s favorite crime-fighting turtle? This DIY Leonardo Ninja Turtle costume is perfect for both kids and adults and comes complete with a green jumpsuit, shell, and signature blue mask.
- Materials and Making: Creating an iconic Leonardo Ninja Turtle costume can be a fun project! Start with a duct tape dummy wrapped in pajamas for sizing. Next, sculpt muscles using upholstery foam and cover it with a thin layer of the same foam for the skin. The turtle shell is crafted from an anti-fatigue foam floor mat. Finally, use a painter’s sock, painted green for the head, and cleverly adapted gloves for the three-fingered look. Don’t forget the decorations and Leonardo’s trusty swords!
Easy $10 DIY Ninja Turtles Costume
Create your own Ninja Turtles costume for just $10 with this simple DIY costume idea. It is made with comfort in mind, ideal for all ages, is perfect for Halloween or any costume party.
- Materials and Making: To make the costume, you’ll need green and yellow felt, a green tee shirt, white batting, a brown felt belt, a colored fabric strip, and hot glue. Start by attaching yellow rectangular felt pieces to the tee. Then, sandwich batting between two green felt ovals, affixing on the tee’s back. Wrap the felt belt around, gluing beneath the yellow shapes. Finally, tie the fabric strips around your elbows, knees, and head to complete the costume.
Thrifty Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costumes
By utilizing affordable materials and simple DIY techniques, this costume idea offers a thrifty alternative for teenagers who want to dress up as the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles. It is just perfect for the children cost play, imaginative play, and also for the trick or treatings!
- Materials and Making: You need multiple roasting pans for shells, spray painted green. Allow them to dry before adding straps using yarn or string through holes in each corner. The mask can be made from colored felt squares, cut into strips for the eye band, with eye holes cut out. Secure with elastic bands on the sides for wearability.
DIY Tmnt Costume For Girls
Consider crafting this DIY costume or your girt with accessible and budget-friendly materials. Whether your girl is a fan of Leonardo, Michelangelo, Donatello, or Raphael, this guide can be customized to fit your favorite turtle’s style.
- Materials and Making: For crafting a girl’s TMNT costume, you need TMNT-themed items, including a shell pouch, arm warmers, leg warmers, oversized green tights, and your child’s green t-shirt. The look is completed with a simple red foam mask, which you can make yourself, complementing these bought items for a fun, comfortable Halloween ensemble.
Leonardo Ninja Turtle Costume
The creatively crafted Leonardo Ninja Turtle Costume will captivate hearts at any event. Made with a stylish tutu and pizza embellishments, this costume is the ideal ensemble for your child’s outings, parties, or a pizza shop opening ceremony.
- Materials and Making: Creating your own mini Leonardo Ninja Turtle costume doesn’t have to be a headache. The majority of this outfit comes to life using cardboard sheets for shells attached to a green shirt via Velcro. Your kiddo’s tutu is crafted from tulle, with felt pizza slices added using fabric glue. Finally, craft wooden swords from paint sticks, but replace the traditional mask with a cute blue bow.
What would be better for kids than to dress up as the popular characters from the Ninja Turtles franchise? This DIY costume idea offers you the simplest way to do that with the simplest method and using the items already present in your home!
- Materials and Making: Fashioning a Ninja Turtles costume becomes a thrilling DIY project with some imagination. Start using green-colored Flashback Tees as tops and Fancy Pants leggings as bottoms. Construction of the turtle shell involves an arrangement of yellow Kona cotton, batting, and stitching on the front. Complete with brown Laguna jersey belts marked by initials and back shells turned mini backpacks added with fiberfill stuffing, your youthful Ninja Turtle ensemble is ready.
DIY Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
With this DIY costume idea, you can transform your little one into a ninja turtle for imaginative plays, costume-themed parties, or fun play time. The best part is that it gives you the opportunity to repurpose garbage into treasure!
- Materials and Making: Developing your TMNT costume is a breeze using a few household items. It involves taking two disposable roasting pans and painting their backsides light green and brown to replicate a shell. You can then use a fabric remnant to make shoulder straps and a matching headband. For an additional touch, pool noodles can be transformed into TMNT-inspired weapons, adding flair to your budget-friendly outfit.
How To Make A Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
Get ready to join the pack of crime-fighting, pizza-loving turtles with this easy and budget-friendly costume idea. It is the perfect blend of careful planning, a little bit of sewing, some painting, and lots of fun!
- Materials and Making: Creating a TMNT Halloween costume is quite straightforward. You need a green shirt, shorts, and socks as basics. Utilize light green fabric for turtle abs on the shirt. An aluminum roasting pan painted with green spray and threaded with fabric strips acts as the shell. With the addition of corresponding arm bands, a mask, and a weapon, your superb Ninja Turtle gear is ready to showcase.
No Sew Teenage Ninja Turtle Costume
The roasting-pan-turned-turtle-shell is a clever way to repurpose items while giving your little ninja turtle a unique look. The addition of thrift store weaponry adds an extra layer of fun to the costume while the simple creation makes it the perfect last-minute costume. Best of all, you can also personalize the costume by incorporating it with your child’s initial.
- Materials and Making: Simply spray paint an aluminum roasting pan with green and brown to create a turtle shell. Attach it to your child with a craft ribbon and secure it further using Velcro for more strength. Create a turtle belly by gluing a yellow felt cut in an oval shape onto a shirt and stuff it slightly with Poly-Fill. Add final touches with a personalized felt badge and a painted foam mask.
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtle Costume
This DIY Ninja Turtle costume is perfect for your little Ninja Turtles fan! It takes DIY to a new level by providing detail-oriented steps to ensure an impressive turtle shell, complete with a chest piece and even weapons!
- Materials and Making: Cut EVA foam floor mats into shapes suitable for the shell and chest pieces, sized to fit. Add detail lines and use a heat gun to mold and accentuate them, giving a more realistic look to the turtle shell. Enhance the chest piece similarly. Attach the parts using foam sheets, a caulking gun, and caulk. Finally, paint it using different shades of spray paint and an airbrush to match the desired turtle look.
The Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Costume
Crafting a Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles group costume with Master Splinter is an adventurous DIY project. This work involves several steps, which a series of carefully captured images have documented. These images are arranged within the instructions to illustrate the procedures taken to create each component of the elaborate costume. Though the project was too extensive to detail each individual step, the photographs offer a clear guide to replicate the costume-making journey.
More Collections For Costumes
- 10 DIY Viking Costume Ideas: Want to feel like a Viking? Stand out at your next costume party by making your own Viking costume! You can do it with just a few simple materials and these DIY Viking costume ideas to travel back to the time of brave explorers.
- DIY Captain America Costume Ideas: Imagine yourself as a superhero like Captain America, holding a shield and showing incredible strength and courage. You can make one of these special DIY Captain America costume ideas for the shield getup to become your favorite hero.
- 10 DIY Superman Costume Ideas: If you’ve ever wanted to wear a red cape, embrace your inner hero, stand up for truth and justice, and do things yourself, this blog post with exciting DIY Superman costume ideas for the heroic feel is just for you.