Changing yourself into a humanoid zebra is no longer a funny thought. With these DIY zebra costume ideas, you’ll find examples of comfy animal outfits displaying the same unique black-and-white striped beauty of zebras. You will find two-legged zebras walking around once you are done with some art, correct cutting, and joining for the whole family!
Tips To DIY Zebra Costume
Here are the tips and tricks that may be helpful for you for a handmade zebra costume:
Gather Material: You can make it completely or come out with a plain white jumpsuit, shirt, hoodie, sweatpants, or anything else for a DIY zebra costume. You will also need black fabric and glue to make stripes, but you can use wax paper and duct tape instead or black paint. You will also need black and white pipe cleaners to make a mane and a little more fabric.
Make the Stripes: Lay out your white clothing on a flat surface. Then, use the black fabric paint to draw zebra stripes across the clothing. Remember, zebra stripes are irregular and vary in size, so don’t worry about perfecting them! Let the paint dry completely before proceeding. You can also do that by placing the stripes of white duct tape on the wax paper, cutting irregularly with varying sizes, and then removing the wax paper and place.
Make the Ears: For the ears, you’ll need some black and white felt. Cut two larger pieces from the white felt and two smaller pieces from the black felt. Glue the smaller black pieces onto the larger white ones to make the ears. These can be attached to a hairband to wear on your head or to the hood.
Make a face or not: The face may need the correct shaping, but one way is to cut a flat face with zebra details and then attach to the top of the hood or add an elastic band to wear as the mask.
Put It All Together: Once your painted outfit is dry, put it on. Add the zebra-ear headband, and your zebra costume is complete!
DIY Zebra Costume Ideas With Guides
These DIY zebra costume ideas are basically to add an element of fun to any animal-themed costume party. While it might seem unusual, these zebra costumes are quite adorable. They don’t feel a burden since they can double as regular clothes. They’re perfect for school events, dramatic performances, jungle trips, and more. Plus, you’ll find a range of options for kids and adults, catering to everyone, whether a girl or a boy.
Easy DIY Zebra Costume
Embrace the wild side of Halloween with this easy DIY costume. Transform your child into an iconic African animal using this budget-friendly and straightforward tutorial. This imaginative and charming outfit is perfect for creative minds, adding an extra touch to festive celebrations.
- Materials: The materials required for this DIY Zebra Costume include a black top and pants, white duct tape, zebra ears and tail, and black face paint.
- Making: Cut the duct tape into various lengths and stick it onto your clothing, replicating Zebra stripes. This quick, under-budget costume only requires a pair of zebra ears and tail and some black face paint for the perfect finishing touch.
Easy Kid’s Zebra Costume With Free Mask Template
Create a delightful child’s Zebra Costume featuring a zebra head mask and vest. The costume is perfect for Halloween treatings, costume-themed parties and play dates with friends. The costume is customizable so go with the animal you like.
- Materials: Using zebra print felt, black and white felt, tan felt, a sewing machine, and a few other supplies, you can craft an adorable animal costume your child will adore.
- Making: To make the Zebra Costume, first, create a vest from zebra print felt and affix a mane using black and white felt strips. Then, assemble a mask from felt pieces using a sewing machine and an elastic cord. Attach the mask to the vest to complete the costume. For more visual aids and suggestions, visit the link below.
DIY Zebra Costume
Make this DIy costume to give your child an unforgettable Halloween. Being customizable, simple, and fun, this DIY guide equips you with everything you need to create a memorable Halloween outfit for your kids!
- Materials and Making: To create a zebra costume, you need a zebra hoodie and pants, a zebra pattern and black fleece, black shoes, thread, a hot glue gun, safety pins, cardboard, and white card stock. The costume involves constructing a mane, tail, and mask, assembled with safety pins or sewn on. All done with affordable items for a great impact.
Crazy Zebra Costume
Stand out from the crowd as a majestic zebra and make your Halloween unforgettable! The costume has a wide neck hole and a sleek, tight fit that flawlessly showcases your perfect feature. However, you can choose the outfit you want.
- Materials: Achievable with a spandex bodysuit, zebra ears and tail, white acrylic paint, and a paintbrush, this creation does require some patience.
- Making: The bodysuit is hand-painted with white lines while being worn to avoid cracking the paint. The process may be lengthy but lends to an original and unforgettable costume. Attach the tail with the fishing line and use makeup for the final touches. Now you are ready to steal the spotlight of any party!
Paper Bag Zebra Costumes
This DIY idea offers a fun DIY guide on transforming paper bags into creative Halloween costumes, such as a zebra, a royal crown, or a Fisher. Fun, affordable, and eco-friendly, these costumes are perfect for a memorable Halloween.
- Materials: The materials required for this DIY project are paper bags, white and black paint, a paintbrush, craft paper or cardboard, scissors, and glue.
- Making: For instance, the zebra costume starts with two painted paper bags, one for the body and one for the zebra’s head. For the royal crown, a strip of paper bag is cut into jagged points, and for the Fisher costume, a simple vest is made with easy pockets to hold paper fish. All the costumes are then painted to add details and can be personalized by adding other embellishments.
Zebra Costumes For Kids
For your child’s unforgettable trick or treating, make this DIY costume showing the aesthetic of a zebra and the skeleton simultaneously. It also contains a bag for storing the sweets and increasing the glamour of the costume.
- Materials: The materials required for this DIY costume include a long-sleeved black T-shirt, black pants, white duct tape, parchment paper, a hat, and glow-in-the-dark stickers or paint for the skeleton transformation.
- Making: The base, consisting of a long-sleeved black T-shirt and pants, is adorned with wavy white stripes for a zebra look. A hat with a unique technique involving duct tape and parchment paper is maneuvered to represent the mane and ears. Switch to a skeleton costume by adjusting the tape and stickers to resemble bones. This costume demonstrates resourceful and inventive DIY design.
DIY Halloween Zebra Costume
Show off your crafting skills with this DIY zebra costume. Your child will love wearing it for playtimes with friends, school plays, and parties. Designed with comfort, warmth, and mobility in mind, this costume combines fun and function seamlessly.
- Materials: By using a black hoodie, black sweatpants, white duct tape, waxed paper, and craft foam, you can create this adorable costume with minimal effort.
- Making: Making this DIY costume is much easier. Cut wavy zebra stripes from duct tape and attach them strategically to the hoodie and sweatpants. Form the zebra mane using craft foam strips, and secure it to the hoodie with duct tape. Your child’s unique costume is ready for trick-or-treating!
Zebra Baby Costume
Don’t let the cold ruin your child’s festive look with this DIY costume. The costume offers a thick texture simulating a zebra’s aesthetic, ensuring your child looks festive while staying warm. Even if you’re a beginner with basic crocheting and sewing skills, you can finish this DIY costume quickly!
- Materials: Required materials for this DIY costume are crochet needles, black and white yarn for crocheting the zebra dress, leg warmers, and zebra hat, and a sewing kit for assembly.
- Making: This delightful costume is easily made with basic crocheting and sewing skills. The ensemble, including a zebra dress, leg warmers, and a zebra hat, is crafted with minimal effort and maximum charm. Originally designed for toddlers, the costume can be customized in size and personalized according to your preferences.
Zebra Mask And Last Minute Zebra Costume
For those who prefer visual guides, here’s a straightforward video tutorial that teaches how to create a zebra costume for anyone in your family. The tutorial focuses on crafting a zebra shirt that can be easily paired with any pants and a mask, significantly enhancing the zebra aesthetic.
- Materials: The costume uses basic materials like a white t-shirt, duck tape, paints, scissors, paper and elastic.
- Making: The shirt is easily made by cutting tape stripes and adhering them to the shirt. For the mask, draw a zebra pattern on a mask-shaped piece of paper, cut it out, and secure it with elastic
More Costume Collections
- 15 DIY Unicorn Costume Ideas: Want your kids to transform into delightful unicorns effortlessly for a party, school event, or fun? These DIY Unicorn Costume Ideas are perfect for that! Let your kids showcase their love for these magical creatures with these costumes. It’s an easy and wonderful way for them to dress up.
- 17 DIY Dragon Costume Ideas: Whether you believe in dragon myths or not, turning into a dragon with a homemade costume is incredibly enjoyable! Check out these DIY dragon costume ideas inspired by various dragon depictions, from ancient stories to recent movies. These costumes take on a humanoid dragon form, with horns, tails, wings, scales, and more. Some are funny, some are a little spooky, but they all have one thing in common: they’ll bring a smile to anyone’s face!