Putting on a DIY deer costume will impress every deer as this woodland animal has an appeal universally loved. Here, we’ve got some ideas for a DIY deer costume that’ll help you connect with nature while having fun showing the same handmade antlers, deer makeup, and adorable outfit. You can create a sweet deer costume gift in various styles with just a few simple materials. So, keep reading the list until you stop with the one that pleases you the most!
DIY Deer Costume Ideas with guides For all skill levels
Here are the tips that may be helpful for you to get the deer look:
Choose the base outfit: Look for brown or tan clothing, like a hoodie or long-sleeve shirt with leggings, pants, or a tutu. You can cut the white fabric and place it on the belly to catch the light area of the deer. If you have a furry outfit, it is better.
Make antlers: Use tree branches or pipe cleaners to get the 3D deer antlers accordingly. However, it is easy to cut the antler shape, as achieving the right shape with antlers may be a little difficult. Then, paint them white and secure them to a sturdy headband with glue or strong tape.
Create ears: Cut out two large teardrop shapes from brown or tan felt to act as the outer ears. Cut two smaller teardrop shapes from white or cream felt to make the inner ears. Glue or sew the inner ears onto the outer ears, and then attach the ears to the headband with glue or by sewing them on.
White spots: Cut various sizes of white fabric circles or irregular spots. Sew or glue these spots onto the back of your hoodie or shirt to create the characteristic fawn pattern.
Accessorize with gloves and leggings: To make your costume even more realistic, wear brown gloves and use socks or leggings to cover your shoes. This will create the illusion of deer legs and claws.
Deer makeup: Apply deer makeup using white, black, and brown face paint or makeup. Paint your nose black, create white spots around your eyes and cheeks, and outline your eyes with black eyeliner to mimic a deer’s eyes. Blend brown and white makeup on your forehead, cheeks, and jawline for a more natural look.
DIY Deer Costume
This easy-to-make DIY deer costume is perfect for last-minute Halloween prep. It involves applying deer-style makeup and crafting cardboard antlers to attach to a headband. Enjoy this adorable & budget-friendly project!
- Materials and Making: Creating a DIY Deer Costume involves makeup and a simple outfit. Following foundation application, apply eyeshadow and eyeliner to create a deer-like eye effect, contour the nose to appear more deer-like, and apply spots with white eyeshadow. Put hair in two buns to mimic ears. For antlers, draw on cardboard and attach to a headband. Outfit-wise, choose a brown/tan top and black/brown bottoms. For further info, visit the link below:
Easy DIY Deer Costume For Girls
This DIY Deer Costume, inspired by forest themes, is cute and uncomplicated, making it an ideal choice for stress-free Halloween celebrations. You can create this outfit using everyday clothes, which adds to its practicality and easy availability.
- Materials and Making: To create a DIY Deer Costume, begin with a brown T-shirt and leggings. On the shirt, attach an oval faux fur cut-out for the belly and randomly sized oblong circles on the back for a speckled effect. Create a tail from brown felt outlined with faux fur and a small gauge wire loop. Attach twigs and felt ears with wire to a headband for the antlers and ears. Complete with silk flowers on the headband and adorable makeup and hairstyle!
Easy Halloween Deer Costume
The Easy Halloween Deer Costume from Sarah’s Scoop offers an affordable and simple way to transform yourself into a deer for your next Halloween event. Deer makeup is the key element of this look and can be achieved using inexpensive makeup products.
- This easy Halloween deer costume can be made by purchasing a cozy fleece pullover and pairing it with black jeans. For makeup, create a neutral smokey eye, contour with brown shades, and apply white spots on the cheekbones, temples, and forehead. Use black and white eyeliners for the deer’s eyes and nose. Finish with a red lip and deer antlers to complete the look.
Conceptual Deer Costume
Now is a time for a little imagination with this DIY deer outfit showing off feathers as antlers and a unique old culture outfit!
- Materials and Making: Create a unique and stylish deer costume by selecting a simple cream or tan/brown dress. Add a touch of face paint, and use a skirt (e.g., grey/silver Velveteen skirt) as a trendy capelet. For extra flair, wrap a small piece of faux fur around the shoulders, securing it with buttons or a bow. Complete the look with DIY or store-bought antlers made from materials like cardboard.
DIY Deer Tutu For Toddler Girl
This DIY costume provides a unique tutu idea that transforms your toddler into an adorable deer photo prop. The costume is perfect for playtime, first trick-or-treat outings, and school plays.
- Materials and Making: To craft a DIY Deer Tutu for a toddler girl, measure her waist, then cut and tie the elastic accordingly. Make two cardboard pieces and wrap them around approximately 60 tulle strips. Tie these strips to the elastic waistband. Use white felt to draw and cut circles, which serve as deer spots. Using hot glue, stick these circles sporadically onto the tutu.
Deer Costume DIY
This DIY costume ensures your kid will be the most stylish and distinctive deer for any Halloween celebration. The costume employs a basic dress from your child’s wardrobe, combined with a touch of face paint, and transforms it into a deer costume. So, why not dress your children in this costume idea?
- Materials and Making: Pair a brown shirt with matching leggings to create this DIY fawn costume. Accessorize with a homemade tutu; just knot pieces of 8″30″ brown and white tulle strips onto a measured elastic waistband. Embellish the tutu with white felt circles for a fawn-like pattern. Top off the outfit with a crafted ear headband made from fabrics, faux fur, tulle, and decorative autumn flowers.
DIY Deer Costume (Plus How to Make Faux Antlers)
The DIY Deer Costume idea offers detailed instructions on creating a deer costume on a budget. Notably, the costume is mostly makeup-based, which works well if you have shorter, reddish hair. A highlighted feature of this costume is making deer ears out of felt and a tail, adding a dash of fun to the dress-up.
- Materials and Making: Create a deer costume with a DIY approach. Use an elastic headband and twist hair to mimic deer ears. Make felt ears and a cute tail. Use a branch and wire to construct realistic antlers if your hair is short. But you can also buy online. The costume centers mostly on makeup, with the outfit only matching your natural hair color. Complete the look with a reddish hair dye and suitable makeup.
DIY Best Deer Costume
Here’s a creative and adorable twist on the usual deer costumes. This DIY Deer Costume is imaginative, affordable, and, most importantly, fun to make and wear. The costume creates faux antlers from clay and attaches them to the headband, resulting in playful, glittered, and flower-bedecked antlers, which is the main feature.
- Materials and Making: To make this one-of-a-kind deer costume, start by constructing antlers from pink clay, then add a light dusting of glitter for a magical effect. Carve out deer ears from felt and secure them to a satin-covered headband along with the glittered antlers. Pair it with a polka-dotted shirt and faux fur vest from your wardrobe to complete the look.
Woodland Deer Halloween Costume
The Woodland Deer Halloween Costume idea from Welcome to Nana’s provides a fun, simple, and creative costume idea perfect for your kids on Halloween. This woodland deer costume can be designed for a boy or a girl by modifying the headpiece.
- Materials and Making: Cut an oval from white felt for the tummy and smaller circles for back spots, and sew them on the shirt. Cut out a heart-shaped white tail with a smaller brown felt heart and affix it to the shirt’s bottom back. Wrap black felt strips around the pants and sleeve cuffs for hooves. For the headpiece, get a brown headband or cap. Make ears from brown felt and stick them to the headband. Create antlers using branches, and secure them with hot glue.
DIY Taxidermy Deer Costume
The DIY Deer is a unique approach to the traditional deer costume, taking inspiration from the trend of faux taxidermy animal heads. This costume is surprisingly easy to assemble and offers flexibility for different weather conditions since it can be worn with a cute dress or layered with cozy clothes.
Materials and Making: First, fold the foil into a large strip and shape it into antlers around the headband. Cover the foil with plaster wrap and let it dry. Cut two ears from the felt, add fur inside, and affix them to the headband. Create a faux taxidermy mount for a deer costume by attaching woodgrain paper to a foam board, cutting out a plaque shape, and making a neck slot. Lastly, tackle the makeup following a deer makeup video.
Easy Deer Makeup Tutorial
This Diy costume idea offers a simple yet vibrant way of transforming yourself into a deer, focusing solely on makeup and floral charm. As it doesn’t require any sewing or crafting, this could be a convenient last-minute solution for your costume needs.
- Materials and Making: To achieve an easy deer makeup look, start with a foundation base, define your brows, and apply lipstick. Contour the forehead and cheekbones with different brown shades, and blend well to avoid harsh lines. Contour the nose sides, then draw a line beneath your eyes to create an illusion of bigger eyes. Use black makeup to draw a deer nose, and dab white makeup to create spots. Complete the look with antlers and an optional flower crown.
DIY Cute Deer Costume
If you’re searching for an economical, enjoyable, and distinctive DIY Deer Costume with handmade antlers, this tutorial could be exactly what you need. The costume is easy that’s suitable for beginners, and uses basic accessible items.
- Materials and Making: The costume is easy to make and suitable for beginners, too. Create the antlers by wrapping pipe cleaners around the headband and shaping them, then wrap mod-podge dipped paper strips around the pipe cleaners. For the ears, use felt and glue them to the headband. Finish the look with a tail made from brown felt and a white fur pom-pom.
DIY Deer Costume From Goodwill Supplies For Halloween
Give your toddler a memorable Halloween experience with this charming deer costume! The costume is affordable, adorable, and easy to piece together using second-hand items from Goodwill. Besides this, the costume provides your child with a lot of warmth and coziness.
- Materials and Making: Cover the hoodie chest with cut-up fur. Make ears from the towel and sew them onto the hood. Sew a teardrop-shaped fur tail to the sweatpants’ back. For antlers, use a foam sheet, fold it, cut out two shapes, secure it around a headband with hot glue, and glue together the sides.
Deer Baby Costume
This DIy costume idea offers a one-of-a-kind outfit using an A-line dress pattern modified into a lace-ruffled top and a simple skirt. The adorable felt antler headband and flower accents add an enticing charm. It is indeed a testament to creativity and resourcefulness!
- Materials and Making: Create a simple skirt and top with ruffled lace trim using an A-line dress pattern for the Deer Baby Costume. The antlers and flowers on a headband are crafted from felt. Utilize fat quarters for materials. Vintage buttons (a gifted item) and free lace from a wedding were used for embellishments. The costume maintains the shape of antlers with toothpicks and glue.
Welcome the Halloween season with this DIY costume for all your events. The careful construction of the antlers out of aluminum foil and paper mache, combined with the clever use of makeup, transforms the wearer into a stunning specter of wilderness grace. It’s more than just a costume; it’s a work.
- Materials and Making: The deer costume is mainly composed of a brown unitard, some furry fabric, felt, and fabric paint. The most intricate part to make are the antlers, which are crafted from aluminum foil and paper mache. The costume’s dramatic effect is amplified by deer makeup, using a white eye crayon or face paint to create realistic deer eyes.
More Costume Collections
- 16 Easy DIY Lion Costume Ideas: Ready to release your inner Jungle King and feel the roar of happiness? Check out these enjoyable DIY lion costume ideas to replicate lions’ powerful and awe-inspiring appearance on cute human clothing. Using various materials, you’ll find a variety of DIY lion costumes, from simple to detailed and from spooky to appealing, suitable for babies to adults. These ideas cover everything from creating the mane to makeup.
- 16 Easy DIY Lion Costume Ideas: Regarding animal costumes, the tiger theme is often the first choice for wildlife enthusiasts. It’s time to bring one of these DIY tiger costume ideas to life, a fantastic gift for a tiger lover, be it a kid or an adult. These costumes beautifully capture the striped tiger theme on comfortable human clothing. They also include instructions for the best face makeup, accessories, and headgear to embody the tiger theme.
- 13 DIY Bee Costume Ideas: Want to resemble our buzzing bee friends? Here are some top DIY bee costume ideas for kids and adults that are quick and easy to make using supplies you likely already have in your wardrobe or craft drawer. Some simple designs utilize everyday clothing like shirts, dresses, and tops paired with an antennae headband. Others involve more crafting with detailed headgear, extra limbs, and wings. One thing’s for sure: dressing up as a bee is a fun way to appreciate these creatures that make honey for us and help plants grow!