I hope you guys don't mind that I'll most likely be absent for the next few days. I have been lucky enough to be accepted to be featured on Heartsy on Thursday! (For those of you who have not heard of Heartsy, it is basically a Groupon for handmade items. You get daily discounts on awesome Etsy shops!)
The feature gives you a ton of exposure you most likely wouldn't have gotten otherwise. I am SO excited but also really nervous about how it all is going to work out. I have been printing, researching, and brainstorming. I have been managing a big To-Do list for the past week. I thought it would be a good idea to share this prep list with those who face a Heartsy feature in the future:
1. Stock up on inventory
2. Stock up on packaging (don't forget the tape!)
3. Stamp envelopes
4. Put return address labels on envelopes
5. Put business cards in envelopes
6. Make a spreadsheet to keep track of orders
7. Change item quantity in shop
8. Put custom message in shop announcement for Heartsy buyers
9. Allow "other" as a payment option in Etsy shop
10. Let fans and followers know about your feature date
I'm trying to be as thorough as possible so I'm fully prepared for Thursday and don't get overwhelmed. But I'm learning that no matter the amount of preparation, I'm still nervous! Be sure to check out Heartsy tomorrow to take advantage of my deal!
I will be back as soon as possible, and in the meantime, don't forget to enter this giveaway! The Owl Clutch prize is getting a lot of love!